Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life, Liberty and the Search of...

I've found it. Well, my roomies found it and introduced me. I'd driven by it a couple times, and you know how it goes: "Oh, that looks like it might be good." Well for god's sake, stop next time! If I would have, I'd be the guy who "found" Liberty Frozen Custard.

The place is a garage that's been retrofitted to be a throwback 1950s ice cream place - er, frozen custard place. The place has a slight identity crisis. Is it a garage-themed dessert place or just a straight up dessert place with a huge garage door? They've got sandwiches, hot dogs and vintage arcade games, too. Honestly, though, it doesn't matter. There's charm, and there's delicious desserts. Their gimmick, two new flavors each of frozen custard and Italian ice every day (check out their calendar). I can't get myself off of the custard, but the most refreshing is one scoop of their fruity Italian ice flavors with a scoop of vanilla custard. Only open till 10 each night, but one guy there will open up the window for the stragglers (shh, don't let it get out).

No comments: