Wednesday, July 23, 2008

50% per load

Ok. I'm an idiot. Flat out dumb. For the last couple weeks, my laundry detergent bottle has been sticky. Sure, not that shocking. But it wasn't just the front of the bottle. It was full-bottle stickiness that was getting on my nerves. Rather than live with rinsing and repeating every time I did laundry, I capped the bottle, and stuck it in the washer as it filled.

Ok. Get off my case! I planned to take it out, and I did... After the wash was done. Uncapped and empty. Over half a bottle of concentrated laundry detergent was in my clothes. After I rinsed for days, getting suds the whole time, I gave up and dried the load of whites today.

I started folding the load and wondered how babies' butts got in my laundry. The entire load was softer than silk. Hence my new strategy: half a bottle a load. Every time.

No comments: