Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Checkin it twice

I have a seriously important decision ahead of me. My birthday is coming up and I need to decide what to do with it. Life or Death, really. I kind of feel like it's a similar feeling to the pre-New Year's Eve anxiety.

"Oh man, this party is gonna be great...well at least I expect it to be. I mean, it better be. It only happens once a year. No do-overs, so this party better be the best. Wait... what am I even gonna do?"

So it's time to plan. I'll start with lists. Lists of bars, lists of activities, lists of people, lists of drinks (I WON'T drink anything with the word "fire" in the title, I NEED to drink something with Red Bull). Maybe I should just have a list party.

"Everyone, come to my house Saturday, we're going to make lists. No, no, trust me. I've already made 563 lists this week, it's fun. The party will be fun. It HAS to be fun, it only comes once a year."

Got it. I'll use the self-fulfilling prophecy. Instead of worrying about it NOT being fun (which in turn, will make it suck), I'll just worry about it being TOO fun.

"Dude, check it out, Dustin made a list about the best dinosaurs. This party rocks. Pass me a jag bomb, it's on my 'yes' list. You! Get out! You're not on the list!!"

I'm excited.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

list party - I'm so in. You have no idea.