Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Don’t mess with the Ustins

My bestie, Dustin, and I… well there’s no two ways about it. We rhyme. As a matter of fact, that’s why we became friends. Just goes to show any reason can be reason enough. We lived together for a while back in the mid 2000s. Those were the glory days. Nerf gun battles. Three-player NCAA 05. A U of M beer fridge. There’s no doubt it was good, but there was one major hang up. We had a roommate named Sam. Once in a while we’d call him “Sustin” to keep the rhyming streak alive, but it wasn’t the same. Now you can’t blame us. I don’t think you can find another name that rhymes with ours. We once considered asking an Austin to live with us, but that isn’t even close to rhyming.

This past weekend I visited the city of Austin, Texas. It could quite possibly be my favorite city in the United States. I think I’m going move to Austin and plead Dustin to move in with me. Sustin should probably come along for good measure.












Venues visited:
Oliva Restaurant
Jo's Coffee on Congress
Hopdoddy Burger Bar

No comments: